stupid PS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boogiecousins94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are we allowed to reference our work/activities in our PS without going into detail? For example I mention I have worked with diverse populations etc. and mention a food bank and the special olympics. If these activities are in my work/activities section in detail (for example with Special Olympics saying I coached, volunteered at 4 tournaments etc.) is it safe to assume that the reader of my PS will know of my special olympics involvement from the other parts of my app without me having to go into detail about it in my PS (since its extra characters etc.)?

I remember seeing somewhere that different adcoms may evaluate different parts of the application, I just don't want something to seem "out of context" if I only talk about it in one sentence and if I don't explain it in my PS but its clearly explains in my other sections of the app.

Members don't see this ad.

The PS should stand alone. I would certainly expect to see something in the PS that also shows up in the W/A section. Just don't repeat yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
The PS is meant to 'tie' in your experiences so yes, it is expected that they know of your EC's but don't expect the ADCOMS to understand what you learned/how they affected you, etc.