Stupid question about NYCOM lecture halls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahwhatever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I'm planning on using my laptop to take lecture notes, I was wondering whether there will be electrical outlets at the seats or near them to keep my computer from dying during the middle of lecture. How do current students manage this?

Members don't see this ad.

Since I'm planning on using my laptop to take lecture notes, I was wondering whether there will be electrical outlets at the seats or near them to keep my computer from dying during the middle of lecture. How do current students manage this?

In the main lecture halls there is a power outlet for every seat in the desk.

The only time you'll have a problem is if class is ever in the old auditorium. That only happens when there's a natural disaster (like last year's flood) or if NYCOM needs our regular lecture hall for something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay, that's a relief. Thanks!

The real question is "how cold is it in the NYCOM lecture halls?"
The answer "freakin freezing" wear a sweatshirt, on the first day, you'll be happy you did, and everyone else will be jealous.

Actually, the first week you're in riland which is cold but not freezing (and doesn't have outlets), once you're in your lecture hall you'll see.

The real question is "how cold is it in the NYCOM lecture halls?"
The answer "freakin freezing" wear a sweatshirt, on the first day, you'll be happy you did, and everyone else will be jealous.

Actually, the first week you're in riland which is cold but not freezing (and doesn't have outlets), once you're in your lecture hall you'll see.

Second this :laugh::thumbup:

It's cold as heck in the lecture halls!

i heard heck is not that cold, but that hell is pretty toasty.

You guys like NYCOM? Every DO i have met has been from NYCOM, and they have all enjoyed and recommended the school. However, they all graduated in the 90's, and pretty much the whole staff at NYCOM has been replaced since then. So, you guys like it? It was my #1 choice for awhile...

You guys like NYCOM? Every DO i have met has been from NYCOM, and they have all enjoyed and recommended the school. However, they all graduated in the 90's, and pretty much the whole staff at NYCOM has been replaced since then. So, you guys like it? It was my #1 choice for awhile...

I haven't started my first year just yet, but so far I have met a lot of DOs who graduated from NYCOM and are in competitive fields. I guess that doesn't say much about the actual quality of the education you'd get for certain, but I think that's a good indicator that at least if you pull your weight the school won't hinder you in anyway.

NYCOM was my first choice and I am really glad I chose it. I am gonna be a second year this august and I had great experience so far. From really helpful upperclassmen, friendly classmates to helpful faculties, their lectures and campus activities, it was just great.

But when you have a class of 300 students, opinions do differ though.

nycom Was My First Choice And I Am Really Glad I Chose It. I Am Gonna Be A Second Year This August And I Had Great Experience So Far. From Really Helpful Upperclassmen, Friendly Classmates To Helpful Faculties, Their Lectures And Campus Activities, It Was Just Great.

But When You Have A Class Of 300 Students, Opinions Do Differ Though.

**** Attention Attention ****

A Positive Review Of Nycom.

Thank You

Bye Now