Stupid question about secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDlawyer

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my application to be sent from AMCAS to the schools. I want all my material to be there when my Aug MCAT arrives. Can I send in my secondaries and Letters of Rec without the schools having my general application??? If not are there any ways to expedite the process?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the school. some dont care, some encourage you too (one school i have an interview at didn't have my amcas before my secondary got there), some explicitly say "dont send anything until we tell you too, or we'll wipe our asses with your LORs" (i think tulane was one of them, right?). just get on the website, or even email the admissions office, of the schools you're thinking of applying to.

Some schools require transmission of your data before they will send you an email/letter with your personal password required for accessing their secondary. Other schools have their's already posted on their site. Fill those out and send your LORs in. I started receiving interview invites to schools I had already sent my secondary app. to, a little over a week after my AMCAS processed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tulane actually is one of the schools that request you go ahead and send the secondary as soon as possible with a print out of the AMCAS so they can begin processing sooner.

Tulane actually is one of the schools that request you go ahead and send the secondary as soon as possible with a print out of the AMCAS so they can begin processing sooner. They were the school who contacted me first about an interview, a week after my application was verified. Then again, it may have been because I was an undergrad there.

yeah, you're right. tulane was the "dont send any EXTRA letters of recommendation, or we'll wipe our asses with them" school.......

And speaking of TP, a friend of mine got this spam:

Subject: Make your Toilet Paper Talk

TALKING TP
Pull the paper and they hear your message

This years hottest gag gift!
-Pierre Derriere

Talking TP is a patent pending voice recorder that fits in all toilet paper holders. Record any message you want, and then when
your friends pull the paper they hear your message!

For example:

-Would you like a receipt for your deposit?
-How about a courtesy flush?
-Will you marry me?
-Hey, looks like you might want to eat some bran muffins pal.

Talking TP:

A hilarious way to surprise your friends
Easy to record and re-record your own messages
Fits all toilet paper roll holders
Installs in seconds
Convenient on/off switch
Bathroom voicemail
Comes in a beautiful gift box

Only $19.95 http://click.emailofferz.net/sp/t.pl?id=8067:8441906

Remember: Were #1 in #2

Remove yourself from this recurring list by sending a blank email to mailto:[email protected]

OR Sending a postal mail to CustomerService, Box 202885, Austin, TX 78720

This message was sent to address [address removed]