stupid question...but is there homework in d-school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pacbum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i really don't mind studying, but it's the hw that gets to me. i just so sick of the busy work. i don't mind presentations (actualy kinda like them) but it's all that busy work that's getting to me now. i really hope we're done with the stuff after undergrad. i'd like to think that we're old enough now to study on our own without the dreaded work. so is there hw is dschool?

Members don't see this ad.

so i really don't mind studying, but it's the hw that gets to me. i just so sick of the busy work. i don't mind presentations (actualy kinda like them) but it's all that busy work that's getting to me now. i really hope we're done with the stuff after undergrad. i'd like to think that we're old enough now to study on our own without the dreaded work. so is there hw is dschool?

yes there is.

in general...no

you'll have projects that you must complete (for ex finish 6 cavity preps within the next 3 weeks) and you'll have an occasional paper or assignments here and there. For most science courses though, the "only" homework you have i to study study study! but there's definitely no weekly problem sets that you have to hand in like in college.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made the mistake of asking that question at an interview, I was really nervous and forgot my prepared questions. I think I asked is there any homework like I have in P-Chem, differential calc and proofs? I got lectured on how hard D-School is, and then the interviewer smiled and said " I hated P-chem too." I got in anyways.

Not at Penn (discounting coming in after hours to finish pre-clinical and lab work, of course). Just lot's of studying.

I would recommend asking actual dental students in the dental students forum. :)

don't worry, we come here too, post *****;)

We had a couple of busy work assignments on occlusion our first semester, but they actually helped, so other than that no, just memorizing countless pages in books and power points.