pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
so i really don't mind studying, but it's the hw that gets to me. i just so sick of the busy work. i don't mind presentations (actualy kinda like them) but it's all that busy work that's getting to me now. i really hope we're done with the stuff after undergrad. i'd like to think that we're old enough now to study on our own without the dreaded work. so is there hw is dschool?

Snahster

10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
so i really don't mind studying, but it's the hw that gets to me. i just so sick of the busy work. i don't mind presentations (actualy kinda like them) but it's all that busy work that's getting to me now. i really hope we're done with the stuff after undergrad. i'd like to think that we're old enough now to study on our own without the dreaded work. so is there hw is dschool?

yes there is.

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
in general...no

you'll have projects that you must complete (for ex finish 6 cavity preps within the next 3 weeks) and you'll have an occasional paper or assignments here and there. For most science courses though, the "only" homework you have i to study study study! but there's definitely no weekly problem sets that you have to hand in like in college.

About the Ads

pmantz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Milwaukee
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I made the mistake of asking that question at an interview, I was really nervous and forgot my prepared questions. I think I asked is there any homework like I have in P-Chem, differential calc and proofs? I got lectured on how hard D-School is, and then the interviewer smiled and said " I hated P-chem too." I got in anyways.

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
Not at Penn (discounting coming in after hours to finish pre-clinical and lab work, of course). Just lot's of studying.

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
don't worry, we come here too, post *****;)

We had a couple of busy work assignments on occlusion our first semester, but they actually helped, so other than that no, just memorizing countless pages in books and power points.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.