Stupid question regarding rotations and electives for 4th year.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Surgeon D.O.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reaching out and had some success with beginning the process of setting up some auditions for my intended specialty (general surgery).

I'm intending to move back closer to home for the bulk of 4th year thought and my question is how do I go about setting up just general rotations and electives (not auditions)?

The auditions usually had a specific form on their website to indicate this was in fact an audition. How do you apply for say internal medicine without it being a "audition"?

Sorry if I explained this like sh** but I'm sure most of you know what I'm getting at.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It should just be an elective/selective which should be separate from a sub-I or audition. Both options should be available on VSAS. But sometimes it gets a little confusing so you should email the coordinator of student education about the appropriate way of applying for this.

Reactions: 1 user
It should just be an elective/selective which should be separate from a sub-I or audition. Both options should be available on VSAS. But sometimes it gets a little confusing so you should email the coordinator of student education about the appropriate way of applying for this.
You mean the coordinator at the site I am interested in, correct?

Some of these places I have been looking at near my house are small community hospitals and I doubt they go through VSAS.

Last edited: