Style of Interview

Started by jd4me
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jd4me

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best style of interview for optometry school applicants either one-on-one or multiple faculty members.
 
jd4me said:
I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best style of interview for optometry school applicants either one-on-one or multiple faculty members.
I used to do job interviews where I worked before going back to school -- we did both one-on-one and group interviews. Personally, I think the group interviews were better from the employer's perspective because you get a panel's worth of opinions and impressions of the candidate. It probably worked out better for the candidate in a lot of cases, too, because if he only gets one interviewer who's having a bad day he's got no chance at all -- with a group he's got better odds.