• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

jd4me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Visit site
Status
I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best style of interview for optometry school applicants either one-on-one or multiple faculty members.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
In a dark room
Visit site
Status
Optometrist
jd4me said:
I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best style of interview for optometry school applicants either one-on-one or multiple faculty members.
I used to do job interviews where I worked before going back to school -- we did both one-on-one and group interviews. Personally, I think the group interviews were better from the employer's perspective because you get a panel's worth of opinions and impressions of the candidate. It probably worked out better for the candidate in a lot of cases, too, because if he only gets one interviewer who's having a bad day he's got no chance at all -- with a group he's got better odds.

About the Ads