Sub-i books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riverie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting my inpatient ward sub-i on Monday. Any suggestions on reference books/pocket books? I'm thinking of getting Harriet Lane for my pocket. I can get most hardcore pedi textbooks online through the library, including Nelson's and Oski's.

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting my inpatient ward sub-i on Monday. Any suggestions on reference books/pocket books? I'm thinking of getting Harriet Lane for my pocket. I can get most hardcore pedi textbooks online through the library, including Nelson's and Oski's.
I didn't use a pocket manual for my Sub-I. I did use the online resources via the library on a daily, if not hourly, basis. :thumbup:

This book was recommended to me (but I haven't got it yet):

The Philadelphia Guide - Inpatient Pediatrics

Members don't see this ad :)
I liked Philadelphia a lot better than Harriett - more stuff about the disease rather than quick management tips (which Harriett is great at, along with it's formulary).

To be honest, i didnt really need a pocket guide, though. I used up-to-date thru online access, and if i needed something more, i probably needed a full text or journal, in which case the library called my name. :D

Thanks for all the input! It sounds like I'd survive without a handbook. Yay online resources!

What do you think about Schwartz's Clinical Handbook of Pediatrics?