Sub I in radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a school that offers a sub internship in radiology, or such rotation does not even exist?
Thanks for any information.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is a school that offers a sub internship in radiology, or such rotation does not even exist?
Thanks for any information.

if u want an easy sub-i, do it in family medicine. i think most rad programs would prefer the sub-i in medicine though, from what my advisors say...

It doesn't exist. You can't act as a radiologist because you don't know radiology. The closest thing to a subI radiology rotation is R1 year of residency. You might be able to find an IR rotation similar to an AI but most IR depts don't do floor management.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, this is going to be a really dumb question and I apologize for that, but if med students don't do "radiology sub-Is", then what do you do for away rotations? If it's just an elective radiology rotation, how do you impress people if you don't really know anything as freddy pointed out? Just based on your enthusiasm?

So, this is going to be a really dumb question and I apologize for that, but if med students don't do "radiology sub-Is", then what do you do for away rotations? If it's just an elective radiology rotation, how do you impress people if you don't really know anything as freddy pointed out? Just based on your enthusiasm?

Do your away in IR. That's the only rad elective where you get facetime.