Subacute Rehab Organizations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ogliodendrocyte

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for or against particular Subacute Rehab organizations. You can PM your experience, as that's what I plan to do full-time upon graduation and would like insight to peoples personal experience, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to do SNF work without a group contracting with you? It would be some money up front (EMR, biller), but you don’t need an office or employees. You would need to be marketable and be able to schmooze with SNF admins and nurse managers. I think the money you get to keep would be more than worth it.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are in the right area it is certainly possible to do it independently. It will be a steep learning curve on how to document and bill correctly, schmooze the admins and primary care docs, manage insurance companies, fight denials, keep up with MIPS/other requirements. But obviously it is possible since many in the past have done it. Extremely difficult to set this up in a urban city since the groups can be very aggressive. YMMV but due to geography I prefer staying with a large group. That decision has saved me various times and my life is a lot simpler.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible? Yes. Would I recommend it? No. And I definitely wouldn’t recommend it until you get your toes wet actually working for these companies so they can show you the ropes. One snag or hiccup with everything outside of just the practice of medicine will cost you A LOT of hours without a competent team behind you (coders, billers, etc.)

Remember: time is money.

The middle class script is basically “Trade time (in units of years) for money, invest money to make more money.”; the rich script is more like “trade money and time (in hours) for more money and time at the best exchange rates possible.” The poor script is “Trade time (in units of hours) for money and spend the money.

Reactions: 1 users