Submit AACOMAS with first MCAT or wait until second score release?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bionista

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm basically wondering how to apply and fill out AACOMAS if you took the MCAT and have your score, but then took it again and don't have scores yet?

I took the Jan MCAT and didn't do very well because I was deathly sick..I know I should have voided but the thought of not knowing my score would eat me up. Anyways..I retook in May and I am confident that the score is much more representative of my actual abilities. So obviously I want to make sure that schools see my new score, but I'm not sure how to ensure that..?

I know that there is an option to enter upcoming test date on AACOMAS, but I technically already took it. So should I enter my first score and then select NO for "Have you taken the test?" on the second score? Or is it better to wait and submit when I get the second score?

For reference, the only DO school I am applying to is LECOM Bradenton.
I am also wondering how late is "too late" when it comes to applying. Should I not be worried about submitting after my score release on June 20?

For AMCAS apps I know that people say to apply to any school (one you don't plan to attend) to get the application process started and then add your desired school once the score comes back, but does AACOMAS work similarly? Is this the only way to ensure that LECOM will see my second score before making their decision?

For reference I do have a high GPA (3.94), strong letter, extracurriculars, etc.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Members don't see this ad.