• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Submit AMCAS or wait?

jmu29

Apr 2, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I am taking my MCAT on June 19. It is a retake. My score last year was significantly lower because I did not study. With a sub 500. This year I am averaging 511+ on my AAMC fls. My question is should I submit my AMCAS application now even though it has my MCAT score from last year and not this year yet? I put in there that I am re-taking the MCAT. My concern is that I will submit my application and schools will deny me before they even see my new MCAT, hoping I do much better as anticipated

smol9877

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2018
  1. Medical Student
I am taking my MCAT on June 19. It is a retake. My score last year was significantly lower because I did not study. With a sub 500. This year I am averaging 511+ on my AAMC fls. My question is should I submit my AMCAS application now even though it has my MCAT score from last year and not this year yet? I put in there that I am re-taking the MCAT. My concern is that I will submit my application and schools will deny me before they even see my new MCAT, hoping I do much better as anticipated

Most schools will put your application on hold anyways until your new score is posted. I applied last cycle before my new MCAT score was posted and did not receive any rejections before my new score was posted. Submitting will allow your application to go ahead and get verified. You do not have to submit your application to every school on your list in order to be verified, so if you want, you can just submit to one school and get verified and then submit the rest of your applications after you get your new score. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

jmu29

Apr 2, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Most schools will put your application on hold anyways until your new score is posted. I applied last cycle before my new MCAT score was posted and did not receive any rejections before my new score was posted. Submitting will allow your application to go ahead and get verified. You do not have to submit your application to every school on your list in order to be verified, so if you want, you can just submit to one school and get verified and then submit the rest of your applications after you get your new score. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. Thats what I was hoping for, Just submit it and by the time it gets verified by score will probably be posted anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.