Submit AMCAS or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmu29

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking my MCAT on June 19. It is a retake. My score last year was significantly lower because I did not study. With a sub 500. This year I am averaging 511+ on my AAMC fls. My question is should I submit my AMCAS application now even though it has my MCAT score from last year and not this year yet? I put in there that I am re-taking the MCAT. My concern is that I will submit my application and schools will deny me before they even see my new MCAT, hoping I do much better as anticipated

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking my MCAT on June 19. It is a retake. My score last year was significantly lower because I did not study. With a sub 500. This year I am averaging 511+ on my AAMC fls. My question is should I submit my AMCAS application now even though it has my MCAT score from last year and not this year yet? I put in there that I am re-taking the MCAT. My concern is that I will submit my application and schools will deny me before they even see my new MCAT, hoping I do much better as anticipated

Most schools will put your application on hold anyways until your new score is posted. I applied last cycle before my new MCAT score was posted and did not receive any rejections before my new score was posted. Submitting will allow your application to go ahead and get verified. You do not have to submit your application to every school on your list in order to be verified, so if you want, you can just submit to one school and get verified and then submit the rest of your applications after you get your new score. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Most schools will put your application on hold anyways until your new score is posted. I applied last cycle before my new MCAT score was posted and did not receive any rejections before my new score was posted. Submitting will allow your application to go ahead and get verified. You do not have to submit your application to every school on your list in order to be verified, so if you want, you can just submit to one school and get verified and then submit the rest of your applications after you get your new score. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. Thats what I was hoping for, Just submit it and by the time it gets verified by score will probably be posted anyways.

Reactions: 1 user