Submit Resume to OptomCAS?/ Extracurriculars

Started by JAB1215
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JAB1215

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

Does anyone know if it is recommended that we submit a resume onto OptomCAS?
I was wondering if a resume is not submitted, how the schools we are applying to will know about our extracurriculars (clubs, etc), as I have not seen a section on OptomCAS that specifically asks for this information.
Thanks!!
 
Simple. They won't know. Even if it says optional, I believe you should submiit it.
 
Hi!

Does anyone know if it is recommended that we submit a resume onto OptomCAS?
I was wondering if a resume is not submitted, how the schools we are applying to will know about our extracurriculars (clubs, etc), as I have not seen a section on OptomCAS that specifically asks for this information.
Thanks!!

There is a section on the OptomCAS under "Supporting Information" called experiences. That is the spot to list any extracurricular activities, leadership positions, shadowing/optometric experience, volunteer work, etc. It is kind of time consuming to enter them in if you have a lot, because you have to enter each thing individually.
 
There is a section on the OptomCAS under "Supporting Information" called experiences. That is the spot to list any extracurricular activities, leadership positions, shadowing/optometric experience, volunteer work, etc. It is kind of time consuming to enter them in if you have a lot, because you have to enter each thing individually.
I think it's wise to simply follow the format entering in individual Experiences, Optometric Experience, Shadowing, Employment. Your resume doesn't carry the same weight as it would on a standard job interview. This application details all your experience, activities, grades and OAT. I believe the essay is the big statement opportunity to eloquently and confidently say your peace beyond what's in the app. Let your personality shine through!