Submitted pharmcas with current low pcat but retaking in january

Started by jackjola
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jackjola

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello
I need a advice!
I gave in my application and pharmcas verified my gpa and sent my applications to my planned schools.
Overall gpa : 3.25
Science gpa :3.05

Math gpa : 3.69
nonscience gpa : 3.60
I am senior in university(majoring in Pharmacology BS and will be getting a degree on 2013) and I had 3.0 gpa in fresehmen, 3.6 gpa in sophomore, 3.4 gpa in junior and I am doing very well this senior year.

Extracurriculum:
Biology department science research for >2 years
Hospital pharmacy volunteer for >1 year(100hours)

I also have received 4 letters of recommendation letter
1. biology research professor
2. Work supervisor
3. Hosptial volunteer coordinator
4. physics professor

I have a GREAT personal statement

But I have poor pcat score : composite score of 25% I took July 2012
and I am retaking it on January 2013 and schools that I am applying are all accepting january score. So I did not wait till I get my score but gave in my application so i can get my application done.

Some schools already have received my application.
Will schools just look at my poor PCAT 25% and give me a rejection letter or will they wait my january pcat score to come in?

Help needed and thank you.