Submitted primary 8/1/01, still not processed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gosh, I sent all my stuff to AACOMS on 8/1/01, and still no developments!

Also, send 2 transcripts and MCAT scores, but only 1 transcript is entered into their system. MCAT people sent me a verification letter that the report was sent to AACOMS, but why isn't it there?

When I call, the reps tell me "some letters have not been opened yet, so call next week"

Why aren't people entering the info right away???

Anyone with similar problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, what's there to complain about? It's not even 4 weeks since you submitted your primary!

Wasabi's right - the people who submitted at the end of May and beginning of June didn't get secondaries until the very end of July (almost 8-9 weeks). Chill out! But I would keep checking with them about the transcripts... Good Luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You do realize that processing takes 4-6 weeks from the time your primary application is complete, not from when it is submitted. From what I understand that 4-6 week clock does not begin until they have ALL materials (i.e. all transcripts). I also submitted on August 1 but my primary app was not complete until August 13. From what AACOMAS tells me they won't be submitting to schools until September 13 at the EARLIEST.

Sorry

That's really not too much to worry about. I submiteed my primary on 6/2, had all my documents at AACOMAS by 7/1, and I still have not heard from them. BTW, the AAMC takes forever to get your MCAT report off if it is a special request. It took them a month to get mine off. They have bigger fish to fry right now. The whole AMCAS fiasco is causing them to be far behind in every aspect of their business operations. Hang in there.