Am I early or on time if I submit my DO primary application today?

Started by dolephant
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dolephant

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took a little longer for me to submit my DO app because some of my DO primaries had essays. Is it alright to submit today? Would I be considered early, on time, or even late? I didn't get a clear answer on Reddit. Ty.
 
wayyyy early. 🙂
Get ready for some secondary essays, if they didn't already pop up when you were filling out AACOMAS.
It's a waiting game for a while because AACOMAS schools generally start doing their first interviews in late July/August.
Thank you! I was reading some of the school specific threads on here and thought I was late to the game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took a little longer for me to submit my DO app because some of my DO primaries had essays. Is it alright to submit today? Would I be considered early, on time, or even late? I didn't get a clear answer on Reddit. Ty.
You'll be fine if you submitted it on November 1st! The do cycle is longer than MD.

Also keep in mind that applications are not processed in order of receipt.
 
You'll be fine if you submitted it on November 1st! The do cycle is longer than MD.

Also keep in mind that applications are not processed in order of receipt.
Thank you for your response. What do you mean by "order of receipt". So it's not first come first served? I could be verified whenever they see my app, not in chronological order?
 
Thank you for your response. What do you mean by "order of receipt". So it's not first come first served? I could be verified whenever they see my app, not in chronological order?
Ah, sorry about the confusion if you meant simply getting verified.

But if you're talking about having schools send you secondaries, that may happen automatically.