Submitted Secondary - Formatting Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HMY93

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey good morning. I have a question for anyone who has submitted a secondary application to a school that is using ApplyWeb/CollegeNET.

I entered my essays into the text fields using 1 line of space between the paragraphs. So for example:

This is a paragraph....

This is the next paragraph w/ a line of space in between them...

I submitted the secondary, and when I view it by clicking "View Form HTML", the formatting is messed up. My paragraphs are separated by 3 line breaks. So for example:

This is a paragraph....



This is the next paragraph w/ a line of space in between them...

So obviously this isn't ideal. I would like to know if anyone has this issue, is this only because I am viewing the form in HTML mode and in reality, the Admission Committee will see it like how it was on my screen before I submitted it?

I would be interested to know if I am supposed to type with no empty lines between the paragraphs, such as:

This is a paragraph...
This is the next paragraph...


If anyone has any insights, it is much appreciated!