Submitting AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no-see-um

Bindaas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can one submit the application before notification that transcripts have been received? It is taking forever for me to get some kind of response that they got my transcripts. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Robz said:

Will they still accept my transcripts? There wouldn't be any problem in terms of grade verification? I know there are for AMCAS when that happens and AACOMAS appears to be a scaled-down facsimile of AMCAS....

Members don't see this ad :)
fruit fly said:
Will they still accept my transcripts? There wouldn't be any problem in terms of grade verification? I know there are for AMCAS when that happens and AACOMAS appears to be a scaled-down facsimile of AMCAS....

Also, How do you get your MCAT released to AACOMAS?

It has it where you could enter your score, but what else is there to do?

To release your scores go to:

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat

MCAT scores are NOT automatically forwarded to AACOMAS. If you did NOT designate AACOMAS on the day of the test, you must contact the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and request an Additional Score Report (ASR) form. This may now be done online at the above web address. Once you submit the ASR and pay the appropriate fee to the AAMC, the requested MCAT scores will be submitted to AACOMAS.

Kent said:

MCAT scores are NOT automatically forwarded to AACOMAS. If you did NOT designate AACOMAS on the day of the test, you must contact the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and request an Additional Score Report (ASR) form. This may now be done online at the above web address. Once you submit the ASR and pay the appropriate fee to the AAMC, the requested MCAT scores will be submitted to AACOMAS.

Thanks! Do you have to submit all scores to AACOMAS? If one were taking the MCAT again in August, how would they know this?

On a separate note, course numbers on the application don't allow more than 4 digits and I need to enter 5 :(

Isn't the Additional Score Report just for score prior to April '04? I only took the April test and couldn't remember if I'd designated AACOMAS on the day of the test. But, going to the AAMAC site, I selected AACOMAS and then clicked on submitt (or something). The next day it said "complete". Now is this all I had to do for the April '04, or am I suppose to fill out some ASR form?
So far, I see nothing but "no mcat data on record" on the AACOMAS status site.

??????????????? Is this what others have done? I don't want my application held up because I misunderstood.

-thanks to any anyone who can help me here!!

dancote, I released my scores the same way. Although transcripts were sent and score reports were both released 2-3 weeks ago, I have yet to hear a peep from AACOMAS. I have not submitted my app yet, as PS is being revamped.

hey guys, you should go ahead and submit your apps as soon as you can. AACOMAS will not email you or send you any written confirmation of transcript receipt the way AMCAS does. You just go ahead and submit and then AACOMAS finds your transcripts and verifies them if they've already been sent and then they let you know on the applicant summary page whether they've received all transcripts and mcat score reports, but all that only happens after you've submitted the app. you will not get any confirmation of receipt of transcripts or mcat score reports until you submit the application first. so go ahead and submit.

Another piece of advice. I sent my transcipts to AACOMAS and AMCAS at the same time so I knew that AACOMAS had to have recieved them since I had recieved notice of recpiet by AMCAS. Yet after a week after submitting nothing had changed. Then on a Monday my MCAT scores were posted but still no transcripts. I called AACOMAS to verify reciept, which they in fact had them, and within an hour my transcripts were marked as recieved. The next day my app was verified and mailed to the schools :D . It may take you calling them to get your app updated.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a phone number to call.

Found it

AACOMAS
5550 Friendship Blvd., Suite 310
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
301-968-4190

Sucks they don't have an 800 number. :rolleyes:

JKDMed said:
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a phone number to call.

Found it

AACOMAS
5550 Friendship Blvd., Suite 310
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
301-968-4190

Sucks they don't have an 800 number. :rolleyes:

I called all Friday and their voicemail would come on after the first right stating they're closed even though it was their business hours.

Kent said:

Once you submit the ASR and pay the appropriate fee to the AAMC, the
requested MCAT scores will be submitted to AACOMAS.

That is odd, because i went to the THx system and simply designated to send my MCAT scores to AACOMAS. They never requested money from me, which is wierd but I'm not complaining!

mdsh00 said:
That is odd, because i went to the THx system and simply designated to send my MCAT scores to AACOMAS. They never requested money from me, which is wierd but I'm not complaining!

The $190 registration covers it... no extra money is required to submit to AACOMAS.

Could someone clarify the proper way of listing classes you retook for better grade? The instructions are a bit confusing.

Thanks!

don't even put in the initial class. just put in the class that was retaken. as far as my school is concerned, that class is replaced in the transcript anyway.

OSUdoc08 said:
don't even put in the initial class. just put in the class that was retaken. as far as my school is concerned, that class is replaced in the transcript anyway.

Or, you could read the instructions and do it the right way too :) You label them both as repeat. Sorry I cannot help more, I can't remember exactly how the app is worded, but you have to label the initial course as repeat 1 and the second time you took it as repeat 2 or something like that. You are supposed to list both attempts though, even if your school replaces the first grade on your transcript, so I would not do what OSUdoc said (no offense OSUdoc :D )

Hey. If I sent in my transcripts a week ago, before submitting my application, would they still have them after I submitted today?

How long dows it take before my application gets to the schools?