Submitting AMCAS AFTER June 2nd...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Is there any harm in submitting AMCAS after June 2nd, or in late June? My MCAT is on June 18th, but I have not yet perfected my personal statement. If I don't finish revising/refining my PS by June 2nd, and would like more time to work on it after my MCAT, will that be detrimental to me in any way? Will I be "late"? I figure that it will give me more time to work on my app/PS, and by then I'll also have shadowing experience (I currently do not have any, but do have extensive clinical experience) and one more volunteer/community service EC.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have this written on my MDApps

Applying early makes the rest of the application cycle much much easier. That being said, it's not the end of the world if you don't submit AMCAS on the first day that it opens.

Submitting a well-written primary application trumps extreme earliness. If it comes down to the stress of 'OMG, it's Jun 4th!!! versus a solid, well-written personal statement, go with the solid PS. A July/August complete date won't be the end of you. A hastily written PS, I'm guessing, will.

Thanks shemarty, you're the best!! :luck: