Submitting AMCAS Before MCAT Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

totinosmac

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the MCAT on May 23rd and I'm still waiting to get my score. My AMCAS application is otherwise complete, and I'm wondering if it would be wise to submit my application now or wait for my scores to come back first. Anyone else in the same boat care to offer some advice?

😕 Thanks!
 
I did the same thing! My MCAT is scheduled for June 13th, but I submitted the first day on June 4th. Let's put it this way, it's risky but I didn't want to wait. Oh, and my AMCAS got processed already so that's one less thing to worry about.
 
I am submitting to one school so that I can get my AMCAS verified ASAP. Then when I get my score back, I will add more schools and I can change AMCAS to notify them if I will be re-taking.