WAMC just got my MCAT score after submitting primaries

Started by jjraj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jjraj

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my mcat back recently (509), which is pretty disappointing since I was scoring near 512 ish leading up to the exam. GPA 3.6 with an upward trend, and currently considering retracting my primary that I just submitted. Was wondering if it was worth going through in this cycle to see how it goes or should I just retake the mcat and try again next year? Im from texas so I'm applying tmdsas too, but with their gpa calculations Im a 3.72 sGPA
 
Hard to say without any more info, but a 509 isn't terribly low or even much different than a 512. Students are quick to want to retake but I often see people getting the same score or lower if they don't dramatically change their approach. Your GPA is fine as well. Just put together a compelling application. Texas is a lucky state as well