Submitting application to speed up verification process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fedoraenglish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read on a few blogs that you can submit your application to just ONE school to get the verification process going early, if you haven't received your MCAT score yet, so that when you do receive it, everything is good to go.

I want to do this but I have a few questions first.
-Does my transcript need to be "received" by amcas before I submit? I ordered one from my school to be sent to amcas a week ago... so I'll probably hear from AMCAS in a week.
-Do my LORs need to be sent in before I submit? I'm waiting on a proff. for his LOR.

I guess I want them to verify all my other information and then as my transcript comes in and my LORs come in, they can verify those too. And finally when my MCAT is ready, they'll send it off to the schools.

Maybe I'm confused about how this works. AMCAS won't send my stuff over to the schools until they have my transcript, right?

Someone explain. Please. Illuminate my confusion with facts.

Members don't see this ad.

I've read on a few blogs that you can submit your application to just ONE school to get the verification process going early, if you haven't received your MCAT score yet, so that when you do receive it, everything is good to go.

I want to do this but I have a few questions first.
-Does my transcript need to be "received" by amcas before I submit? I ordered one from my school to be sent to amcas a week ago... so I'll probably hear from AMCAS in a week.
-Do my LORs need to be sent in before I submit? I'm waiting on a proff. for his LOR.

I guess I want them to verify all my other information and then as my transcript comes in and my LORs come in, they can verify those too. And finally when my MCAT is ready, they'll send it off to the schools.

Maybe I'm confused about how this works. AMCAS won't send my stuff over to the schools until they have my transcript, right?

Someone explain. Please. Illuminate my confusion with facts.

You can submit whenever you want without transcripts, MCAT scores or letters. But your application will not be marked "ready for review" until AMCAS receives all of your transcripts. Only after being marked "ready for review" will your application be put in line to be verified by AMCAS.