Submitting ERAS 9/26

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

splashhh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think this may have been covered before, but, will submitting on 9/26 hurt me at all?

my application is ready but my finalized step 2 score has not been released (this is a long story). i just don't want to be filtered by step 1 alone and have programs completely disregard my application without seeing my step 2 score.

Members don't see this ad.

No it won't matter.

Let's be clear -- I was poking some fun at my PA. There's really no reason for her to come in on the weekend and download applications. But she'll probably do it anyway.

Whether you apply on Sept 15th or Sept 30th or Oct 15th is not likely to matter for the vast majority of programs.

No it won't matter.

so. by submitting today i should not fear that programs will simply be downloading my application without step 2, because they will re-download again once Oct1 rolls around (MSPE)?

Last edited:
I am in the same boat here. I am waiting for my step ck. What are the risks by waiting until 9/26. I would like to know what I made on the test. I am applying to IM.

You can do either.

You can apply now, and then wait to see what your Step 2 score is. If it's good, you can retransmit your USMLE report. If it's bad, you can decide not to do that and live with just your Step 1 score in your application. If you chose to automatically transmit your USMLE score, then you don't have any choice as it will be transmitted. IS there some chance that they will review your application, not like your Step 1 score, and reject you? And is there some chance that if you had a much better Step 2 score that they might have considered you? It's possible.

Or, you can wait until your Step 2 score comes out, and then submit. The delay to 9.26 is unlikely to affect you in any negative way. The problem arises if your Step 2 score is much worse. If so, when you apply on 9/26, your Step 2 score will be included in your application.

So, bottom line, it's probably not going to matter either way what you do. rarely, either strategy can hurt you, or help you. Do you feel lucky, punk?