Submitting ERAS without Photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

propofology007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to submit ERAS without a photo and upload the photo at a later date

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if it was possible to submit ERAS without a photo and upload the photo at a later date
Yes. In fact, many programs screen out photos during the selection process and won't know whether it's there or not. Don't wait too long to upload it, though. Make it a professional-looking photo, and definitely NOT a selfie.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. In fact, many programs screen out photos during the selection process and won't know whether it's there or not. Don't wait too long to upload it, though. Make it a professional-looking photo, and definitely NOT a selfie.

So this wouldn't work?

image-7183-800.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I've had residents tell me that after interview season is over and it is time to rank applicants, they use these photos to display the applicant picture on a projector while discussing us.

I've had residents tell me that after interview season is over and it is time to rank applicants, they use these photos to display the applicant picture on a projector while discussing us.
Many programs will also circulate a photo roster to faculty after the match is complete. And yes, they're going to use your ERAS photo.

Many programs will also circulate a photo roster to faculty after the match is complete. And yes, they're going to use your ERAS photo.

All the more reason to submit a decent photo.

Also, I am aware that some programs will consider your application as incomplete if you have not uploaded a picture. MOST will not, but some will.