premedgoat
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, looking for some clarity and advice regarding a LOR situation.
I asked my English professor for a LOR in advance and he agreed to write it. We tried scheduling meetings to talk about it and review my writing, but every time I sent my availability, I wouldn't hear back. My letter packet deadline is this Friday and I'm not sure he will submit in time.
If he doesn't submit in time, I'd have to send letters individually instead of through my school's letter packet. The packet includes a cover sheet that explains things relevant to my university, like our coop program and our one-semester gen chem course that covers both gen chem 1 and 2 content, etc. Does submitting individual letters when this is an option hurt in any way, or is it a non-issue?
I have no other professors I could reasonably ask instead so if he doesn't end up responding at all, is it a problem to apply with no humanities/non-science letter? My other letters are pretty solid and locked in: 2 science professors, an MD, research PI, and my EMT squad president. Does anyone have a list or know of any specific schools that require a non-science letter - I know JHU does and Harvard *strongly recommends* it - but any others? I expect the letter to be pretty generic given our interactions, so I'm not sure how much value it adds vs just submitting without it.
Thanks for any help!!
I asked my English professor for a LOR in advance and he agreed to write it. We tried scheduling meetings to talk about it and review my writing, but every time I sent my availability, I wouldn't hear back. My letter packet deadline is this Friday and I'm not sure he will submit in time.
If he doesn't submit in time, I'd have to send letters individually instead of through my school's letter packet. The packet includes a cover sheet that explains things relevant to my university, like our coop program and our one-semester gen chem course that covers both gen chem 1 and 2 content, etc. Does submitting individual letters when this is an option hurt in any way, or is it a non-issue?
I have no other professors I could reasonably ask instead so if he doesn't end up responding at all, is it a problem to apply with no humanities/non-science letter? My other letters are pretty solid and locked in: 2 science professors, an MD, research PI, and my EMT squad president. Does anyone have a list or know of any specific schools that require a non-science letter - I know JHU does and Harvard *strongly recommends* it - but any others? I expect the letter to be pretty generic given our interactions, so I'm not sure how much value it adds vs just submitting without it.
Thanks for any help!!