Submitting MCAT Scores to ACCOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Newyorkgirl24

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Recently took the MCAT and scored a 501 on 6/28. I think it was a bad test day since averages were around 509 but will be taking soon. Regardless, I have already submitted all apps and am receiving secondaries.

I received an email today saying ACCOMAS needs me to release my score to them from AAMC. I want them to see my retake when my application gets reviewed. Is it worth submitting the 501 and then updating or just waiting for the new score to send out secondaries + MCAT?

Some advice would be appreciated. Thank you! (cGPA is a 3.51, ORM)
 
If you think you did appreciably better I would wait. Schools may review your file based on the 501 and not go back to re-review if they receive updated information. You may have just one shot at review so make your app the best it can be the first time. Just my opinion.