Should I even bother with submitting more LORs past the required amount?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BrunoMarsFan

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got 6 LORs. 2 from science professors, 2 from MDs I shadowed under, 1 from an MD I worked directly under and 1 from a DO I also worked directly under (the MD and DO come from the same clinic).

I should probably just stick with the required amount per school requirement, right? The schools I've got my eye on are only requiring at least 2 science professors and 1 physician.
 
I've got 6 LORs. 2 from science professors, 2 from MDs I shadowed under, 1 from an MD I worked directly under and 1 from a DO I also worked directly under (the MD and DO come from the same clinic).

I should probably just stick with the required amount per school requirement, right? The schools I've got my eye on are only requiring at least 2 science professors and 1 physician.
Yes- it’s a tiny way to see if you can follow directions
 
I've got 6 LORs. 2 from science professors, 2 from MDs I shadowed under, 1 from an MD I worked directly under and 1 from a DO I also worked directly under (the MD and DO come from the same clinic).

I should probably just stick with the required amount per school requirement, right? The schools I've got my eye on are only requiring at least 2 science professors and 1 physician.
Have mercy on those of us who have to read these!

More is not always better