Submitting NON-Sloe LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhoper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only have 1 SLOE as of now and wont be getting 2nd sloe until towards end of October but have other non em strong LORs ie IM, Surgery etc. ,
Is it recommended for me to submit a non-em letter in meanwhile until 2nd sloe comes in (end of October)?
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. If you have an EM related non-SLOE LOR (ultrasound rotation, EMS, EM research, etc...) that would be something and could help if someone considers you a borderline candidate. Most programs won't require 2 SLOEs to give you an interview, even if they want to see 2 when they rank you for Match Day.

How about a peds em lor? Can that be a second letter for now?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't. If you have an EM related non-SLOE LOR (ultrasound rotation, EMS, EM research, etc...) that would be something and could help if someone considers you a borderline candidate. Most programs won't require 2 SLOEs to give you an interview, even if they want to see 2 when they rank you for Match Day.

I disagree. More and more programs are requiring two SLOEs for an invite unless EMRA is lying to us. It's still not a majority, but it's not an insignificant amount like it used to be.