Submitting post-doc hours to board of psychology before post-doc finishes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreudianSlippers

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I REALLY wanted to get licensed ASAP after my post doc (in CA). I already have my 1500 hours, and only 2 more weeks of my post-doc. My question is, can I submit my hours to the Board of Psychology before my end date, or do I have to wait until my post-doc official ends? The sooner I submit my hours, the sooner I can take the CA Law and Ethics exam.

On one of the supervised professional experience forms that was completed on day 1 of post-doc, it asks for the "anticipated end date", and i'm not sure if that has to match my actual end date. It would be so helpful to hear any thoughts or experience on this?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems you can submit before the actual date of completion. Your site supervisor needs to complete the Verification of Experience form and give it to you in a signed envelope along with the original Supervision Agreement form. Then you mail it in along with a CPLEE Request Form and your hard earned $$.

Perhaps your site supervisor has more experience with the timing of submissions, but I think folks I post-doc'd with sent in their forms a bit early like you're trying to do.

Congrats on finishing hours and nearly being licensed! (As a side note, I found the CPLEE much easier than the EPPP.)

Reactions: 1 user
It seems you can submit before the actual date of completion. Your site supervisor needs to complete the Verification of Experience form and give it to you in a signed envelope along with the original Supervision Agreement form. Then you mail it in along with a CPLEE Request Form and your hard earned $$.

Perhaps your site supervisor has more experience with the timing of submissions, but I think folks I post-doc'd with sent in their forms a bit early like you're trying to do.

Congrats on finishing hours and nearly being licensed! (As a side note, I found the CPLEE much easier than the EPPP.)

Thanks Calimich! I'm planning on asking my site supervisor today, but your post was very re-assuring. It seemed like turning in hours early was a "thing," but I started second guessing myself. Thanks also for the congrats...it feels great to have the hours done and will feel even better sending them off to the board!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm licensed in CA and I definitely submitted them before I was done with postdoc (but after I accrued the necessary hours). I took the EPPP a few months before I was done.

Reactions: 1 user
I did it in my state (not CA) and it wasn't a problem. Obviously states operate VERY differently, but they were more concerned about meeting the hour requirement. Also, my post-doc had to be a certain number of months and no more than 24 months.
I REALLY wanted to get licensed ASAP after my post doc (in CA). I already have my 1500 hours, and only 2 more weeks of my post-doc. My question is, can I submit my hours to the Board of Psychology before my end date, or do I have to wait until my post-doc official ends? The sooner I submit my hours, the sooner I can take the CA Law and Ethics exam.

On one of the supervised professional experience forms that was completed on day 1 of post-doc, it asks for the "anticipated end date", and i'm not sure if that has to match my actual end date. It would be so helpful to hear any thoughts or experience on this?