Submitting PTCAS applications as you finish them

Started by DPTAL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTAL

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to 8 schools but only a portion of them require supplemental essays. Is it worthwhile to go ahead and submit the completed apps for the rest while I work on the essays? I am not sure if submitting apps 1 by 1 through PTCAS makes a difference or if i should wait and submit them all at the same time.
 
You should submit them as your finish. I believe PTCAS goes through to verify each application separately (as there are different pre-reqs for different schools), so it will help them to process your applications if you submit as you go. Plus, if you are applying to schools with rolling admissions it will only help your application to be closer to the top of the stack.