Submitting secondary application before AMCAS verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimkim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys!
I submitted my AMCAS application, but it hasn't been verified yet. And some schools have sent me secondary application even though my AMCAS hasn't been verified yet. So if I have completed my secondary application essays, is it ok to go ahead and submit my secondary application even though my primary application(AMCAS) hasn't been verified yet?
Would medical schools be ok with this?

Or is it better to wait for my AMCAS to be verified before I submit my secondary application? I don't want medical schools to be confused by submitting my secondary application first.

Thank you so much for your help, guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat, and I was planning on submitting the secondaries as soon as I complete them. Is this a bad idea?

Unless you're waiting for something (MCAT scores?) it would be fine for you to submit your secondaries before verification. You can be sure that medical schools will wait for your verified grades before evaluating you.

Members don't see this ad :)
And what if you are waiting for your MCAT scores?

just out of curiousity what schools are you getting 2ndary's from without being verified? I know some schools don't screen, but thought all would wait for verification at least.

just out of curiousity what schools are you getting 2ndary's from without being verified? I know some schools don't screen, but thought all would wait for verification at least.

I got ones from NYMC and Tufts, and I'm not verified yet. I also don't have an MCAT score yet. I will be taking it this Friday... feeling pretty good about it right now. :xf: