submitting USMLE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puraj83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i'm currently an MS2 at VCOM.. going to take both USMLE and COMLEX in august and had a quick question about submitting USMLE scores to allopathic residencies...

if a DO student scores poorly on the USMLE or doesn't pass and does very well on the COMLEX, do you have to send those poor USMLE scores on applications to allopathic residencies? (i know osteopathic residencies don't care about USMLE and won't even ask about them)

and if you didn't submit them...if they ask when you're interviewing you'd be obligated to say you took them and didn't do well... right?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

so i'm currently an MS2 at VCOM.. going to take both USMLE and COMLEX in august and had a quick question about submitting USMLE scores to allopathic residencies...

if a DO student scores poorly on the USMLE or doesn't pass and does very well on the COMLEX, do you have to send those poor USMLE scores on applications to allopathic residencies? (i know osteopathic residencies don't care about USMLE and won't even ask about them)

and if you didn't submit them...if they ask when you're interviewing you'd be obligated to say you took them and didn't do well... right?

thanks!

No, you don't HAVE TO submit USMLE scores if you bomb it.

Yes, you have to tell the truth.

Please read this:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=517732

Make sure you know your school's policy. UNE says if you take it you must report your score even if you did poorly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going along with this question; If you did really well on the USMLE but average on the Comlex can you just send in your USMLE score? I'm just applying to allopathic programs so I'm sure they wouldn't care if I didn't have a comlex score up but I'm not sure if it has to be there to prove I passed??? Thanks for any advice

Here's the main issue...

You may not officially have to report the score for your school, but there is (from what I understand) a question on ERAS pertaining to USMLE. You have to check the box if you took it, but if you don't report the score apparently. Here's the problem though...you never ever, ever want to put the impression in someone's mind that you are dishonest or trying to slip something past them. If this question should come up in a residency interview, it would be very difficult to overcome.