Subsidized Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arisunomori

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how hard it is to qualify for subsidized loans?? I'm pretty sure I won't qualify for any finanical aid that I won't need to pay back, and not so sure that I'll qualify for subsidized loans if schools are looking at my savings.
 
It's only $8500 per year.
Max unsub = $38500

arisunomori said:
Does anyone know how hard it is to qualify for subsidized loans?? I'm pretty sure I won't qualify for any finanical aid that I won't need to pay back, and not so sure that I'll qualify for subsidized loans if schools are looking at my savings.
 
AStudent said:
It's only $8500 per year.
Max unsub = $38500


Yeah, $8500 might not be much in the scheme of things, but I wonder how hard it is to qualify for that?
Or does it depend on the school you go to?

Thanks for any input!