Turkishking

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I've made multiple threads about transferring out , now comes the time to actually do what I've been saying. My goal right now is to transfer to University at Buffalo. I read that couple of times that when you apply within a semester your high school GPA is taken into account. Well back in HS my overall GPA was a 3.1 or 3.2. What I think declined my application to UB was my poor SAT score. My sat score was a 960. It says if you want to transfer out you need to apply in October for spring semester. What do you think my GPA in college right now needs to be in order to gurantee success, and when should I send in the application. My advisor is clueless, and I'm surprised he even has his M.D. Has anyone been in a similar situation like me? Thank you.

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
2+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I've made multiple threads about transferring out , now comes the time to actually do what I've been saying. My goal right now is to transfer to University at Buffalo. I read that couple of times that when you apply within a semester your high school GPA is taken into account. Well back in HS my overall GPA was a 3.1 or 3.2. What I think declined my application to UB was my poor SAT score. My sat score was a 960.
You're still on the 2400 scale, right??

OP
Turkishking

Turkishking

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
You're still on the 2400 scale, right??
That's not including the writing.. the only part they really put emphasize on is reading and math. But yes it's on a 2400 scale

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't know how much we can help you other than us doing a Google search for you. I would try looking up on their website stats for admitted students and for transfer students, as well as their transfer policies. I would also consider contacting their admissions department and see if they might be able to help you out. There's not too much we here can do for you with this issue. Good luck.

Oct 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I mean you should aim for a 4.0 because a) there's no point in aiming for less and b) your SAT is below UB's 25th percentile, so that gpa is going to have to be high to compensate

You can get into medical school from anywhere though, so just focus on knocking out your pre reqs imo. Thatll help with your transfer too

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
If you are set on transferring you should probably plan to transfer at the end of the year. That way when you apply during second semester you'll have a full semester of college grades to show. Right now all you have is the same stuff that got you rejected last time you applied. The result will probably by the same. You seem to be so consumed with the idea of transferring that you are having a hard time making good choices. Slow down.

Dr. Death

2+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
I've made multiple threads about transferring out , now comes the time to actually do what I've been saying. My goal right now is to transfer to University at Buffalo. I read that couple of times that when you apply within a semester your high school GPA is taken into account. Well back in HS my overall GPA was a 3.1 or 3.2. What I think declined my application to UB was my poor SAT score. My sat score was a 960. It says if you want to transfer out you need to apply in October for spring semester. What do you think my GPA in college right now needs to be in order to gurantee success, and when should I send in the application. My advisor is clueless, and I'm surprised he even has his M.D. Has anyone been in a similar situation like me? Thank you.
Your freshman advisor has an MD? My UG has about 35-40k students and I'm sure there are 0 MDs on the payroll. Let alone advising freshman. What a waste of a medical degree/career

ndafife

5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Literally off of the Buffalo transfer admissions webpage: http://transfer.buffalo.edu/admissionrequirements.php
  • If you’ve completed more than 24 college credit hours at the time you apply, your previous college academic record is reviewed.
  • If you’ve completed fewer than 24 credit hours at the time you apply, your high school transcript, SAT and/or ACT test scores, and previous college academic record are reviewed. Emphasis will be placed on your college academic record.
And it does not say you need to apply in October for the spring semester, it says they start offering admission in October. So you won't have any real grades by the time you start to apply if you want to apply for the spring. You will essentially be sending in your high school application that they rejected, as you will if you apply for next fall plus college grades (which better be stellar from 1 semester to make up for all the reasons they rejected you in the first place).