Success Story for those applying!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agent007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post on here that nothing is impossible! I am 29 y o and was just accepted to Temple DPT. My major was Hospitality Management and I didn't take any science classes in undergrad. Almost all my pre reqs were from scratch. Starting out I did not even remember how to add fractions! I followed all the advice given on this forum, plus kept in touch with program counselors.
I was told on this forum that I have very slim chances since my undergrad gpa was 3.19, but here I am!
My sci GPA ended up being 3.79 and my cum 3.37. I did average on GREs- I took the damn test 4 times, after which I figured I met the minimums and did not want to endure the torture anymore- my scores were v-150, m-153, essay-4. I applied to 10 schools and got it to the best possible one- well almost. I am waiting to see if I ll get accepted to Arcadia.
Just wanted to say thank you to the community on this forum- I spent soo many hours digging through the information. The most useful advice was apply early! I applied regular decision and got accepted a week later!
Good luck to everyone and nothing is impossible!

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to post on here that nothing is impossible! I am 29 y o and was just accepted to Temple DPT. My major was Hospitality Management and I didn't take any science classes in undergrad. Almost all my pre reqs were from scratch. Starting out I did not even remember how to add fractions! I followed all the advice given on this forum, plus kept in touch with program counselors.
I was told on this forum that I have very slim chances since my undergrad gpa was 3.19, but here I am!
My sci GPA ended up being 3.79 and my cum 3.37. I did average on GREs- I took the damn test 4 times, after which I figured I met the minimums and did not want to endure the torture anymore- my scores were v-150, m-153, essay-4. I applied to 10 schools and got it to the best possible one- well almost. I am waiting to see if I ll get accepted to Arcadia.
Just wanted to say thank you to the community on this forum- I spent soo many hours digging through the information. The most useful advice was apply early! I applied regular decision and got accepted a week later!

Hi possible classmate!

I got my acceptance letter from Temple on 9/20.
It's funny, your picture is nearly identical to mine.
I am 28 years old and this is my third time applying to the DPT program.
I struggled for the first two years of my undergraduate, mostly because English isn't my first language. Even though my academic performance improved for the remaining two years, my cumGPA proved that I am nowhere near getting into the DPT program.
My cumGPA was 2.81 and I decided to retake every core prerequisite course and other periphery classes including English composition, and science classes that some schools don't even require as prerequisite) at local community college to improve my GPA, as well as build the strong foundation which will help me succeed in rigorous DPT program. I received 4.0 GPA after taking 57 credits as post-baccalaureate and this brought my overall cGPA to 3.2 and prerequisite GPA 4.0. I know that intensity level of classes are different from the demands of DPT program, however, with a better mindset and a clearer goal, I believe that post-undergraduate education truly prepared me to be a better and prospective DPT student.

I also took the damn test 4 times and finally got V154 Q163 AW4.0 (taken highest)
My verbal score continually improved 143-> 144-> 149 -> 154.

This year, I applied 8 schools (Including Arcadia/Pitts/Delaware) and still waiting for decisions from others.
Once I know my options on the table, I will go ahead and compare the programs in terms of cost, area, curriculum design, and faculty etc.

I guess the moral of my story is that don't ever give up if your heart tells you which direction you need to take. I absolutely agree with you that applicants should apply early, but also one thing I want to add is that tell them your story and reveal what qualities you can bring to the program. GPA and GRE are just numbers, so once you meet the minimum, focus on broadening the scope of extracurricular activities, observation settings, and make an unique personal essay.

I also gained lots of insight from this forum, and so I want to thank everyone who has shared their experience, journey, struggles or whatever they may be to help future applicants like myself.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Hi possible classmate!

I got my acceptance letter from Temple on 9/20.
It's funny, your picture is nearly identical to mine.
I am 28 years old and this is my third time applying to the DPT program.
I struggled for the first two years of my undergraduate, mostly because English isn't my first language. Even though my academic performance improved for the remaining two years, my cumGPA proved that I am nowhere near getting into the DPT program.
My cumGPA was 2.81 and I decided to retake every core prerequisite course and other periphery classes including English composition, and science classes that some schools don't even require as prerequisite) at local community college to improve my GPA, as well as build the strong foundation which will help me succeed in rigorous DPT program. I received 4.0 GPA after taking 57 credits as post-baccalaureate and this brought my overall cGPA to 3.2 and prerequisite GPA 4.0. I know that intensity level of classes are different from the demands of DPT program, however, with a better mindset and a clearer goal, I believe that post-undergraduate education truly prepared me to be a better and prospective DPT student.

I also took the damn test 4 times and finally got V154 Q163 AW4.0 (taken highest)
My verbal score continually improved 143-> 144-> 149 -> 154.

This year, I applied 8 schools (Including Arcadia/Pitts/Delaware) and still waiting for decisions from others.
Once I know my options on the table, I will go ahead and compare the programs in terms of cost, area, curriculum design, and faculty etc.

I guess the moral of my story is that don't ever give up if your heart tells you which direction you need to take. I absolutely agree with you that applicants should apply early, but also one thing I want to add is that tell them your story and reveal what qualities you can bring to the program. GPA and GRE are just numbers, so once you meet the minimum, focus on broadening the scope of extracurricular activities, observation settings, and make a unique personal essay.

I also gained lots of insight from this forum, and so I want to thank everyone who has shared their experience, journey, struggles or whatever they may be to help future applicants like myself.

Good luck to you all!

Whats ur number one choice? Temple ir Arcadia?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats ur number one choice? Temple ir Arcadia?

I don't know yet, because I know Arcadia provides a variety of scholarship to every accepted students.
It's also possible that there may be a chance of getting scholarship from Temple.

I think both are fantastic programs in terms of curriculum design and faculty members.
The location, however, I'm leaning toward Arcadia because I personally prefer place where it's less crowded.

I have a very similar story and stats. 28 years old, several years work in an unrelated field, went back to school last year and took most of my prerecs. I try not to think about it much, but I'm kind of freaking out about being accepted somewhere. I've applied to 9 schools, been waitlisted by one. I have about 5 other schools with later deadlines I plan to apply to if things aren't looking good for acceptances in a few months. I've been working in an outpatient clinic since February and volunteered other places, so I have lots of observation hours. My stats are prerec gpa 3.7-4.0 (depending on schools) cum gpa 3.37. GRE 150q 155v 4.0 a.

Reading your story gives me hope!! Congrats on your acceptance!

I have a very similar story and stats. 28 years old, several years work in an unrelated field, went back to school last year and took most of my prerecs. I try not to think about it much, but I'm kind of freaking out about being accepted somewhere. I've applied to 9 schools, been waitlisted by one. I have about 5 other schools with later deadlines I plan to apply to if things aren't looking good for acceptances in a few months. I've been working in an outpatient clinic since February and volunteered other places, so I have lots of observation hours. My stats are prerec gpa 3.7-4.0 (depending on schools) cum gpa 3.37. GRE 150q 155v 4.0 a.

Reading your story gives me hope!! Congrats on your acceptance!

Hey! Yes, you definately have a chance somewhere! I was sooo surprised when Temple accepted me! I was definately not the best candidate when it came to stats! Keep your head up and its going to happen! Where do u live/applying to?

Hey! Yes, you definately have a chance somewhere! I was sooo surprised when Temple accepted me! I was definately not the best candidate when it came to stats! Keep your head up and its going to happen! Where do u live/applying to?

I'm in the southeast. I've applied to nine schools mostly down here in states where I have friends or family mostly. UTChattanooga (got waitlisted bc I didn't apply ED), UTHSC, UNC, USC, MUSC, Central Arkansas, KansasUMC, Colorado, Nebraska. I have a few more to apply to later on if it's not looking good at any of these.

Which schools other than Temple and Arcadia did you apply?
What is your thought on choosing program?
I apllied to 10 schools within 2 hr driving radius. I think the program chooses you to be honest! All the schools downtown are good, others like alvernia, misecordia were my back ups! I got an email from Arcadia cause i had another issue, but the admiss pointed out tht my verbal gpa is 150, which is 1 point below tgeir review criteria, so they might not wven look at my app.-( which is whatever at this point. GRE s just a stupid convoluted torture lol. Temple s solid school, even though i ll have to drive from suburbs. Also, i looked at prereqs ill still have to take. For Temple I am all done! After all, all programs are challenging, but at the end we gonna have amazing lives with sooo much earning potential!

I apllied to 10 schools within 2 hr driving radius. I think the program chooses you to be honest! All the schools downtown are good, others like alvernia, misecordia were my back ups! I got an email from Arcadia cause i had another issue, but the admiss pointed out tht my verbal gpa is 150, which is 1 point below tgeir review criteria, so they might not wven look at my app.-( which is whatever at this point. GRE s just a stupid convoluted torture lol. Temple s solid school, even though i ll have to drive from suburbs. Also, i looked at prereqs ill still have to take. For Temple I am all done! After all, all programs are challenging, but at the end we gonna have amazing lives with sooo much earning potential!

Sorry, I meant to ask if you have any specific aspect you value most when comparing programs (Assumed that you got accepted by more than one program).
GRE was one of the toughest and longest tests I had ever prepared myself, but it also taught me to be persevere in some respect.

Congratulations on your acceptance!
I am grateful that I can pursue the field in which I can constantly learn and contribute to the wellness of society.

Sorry, I meant to ask if you have any specific aspect you value most when comparing programs (Assumed that you got accepted by more than one program).
GRE was one of the toughest and longest tests I had ever prepared myself, but it also taught me to be persevere in some respect.

Congratulations on your acceptance!
I am grateful that I can pursue the field in which I can constantly learn and contribute to the wellness of society.

So far Temple is the only acceptance I have =)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @Agent007, congrats on your acceptance! I just received an invite to interview at Temple for November 10th and they are by far my #1 choice. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks in advance!

Hey @Agent007, congrats on your acceptance! I just received an invite to interview at Temple for November 10th and they are by far my #1 choice. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks in advance!
Hey! Its gonna sound weird, but try to relax! I was soo nervous, but the whole process isnt as scary as it sounds! I think they are looking for personable and friendly people! Its a group intervuew, so you only get like 3 questions and some people sounded like they were reciting stuff from memory. Make sure you sound honest and not like a robot lol. Ask a lot of questions, even if they are generic! Everyone s real nice! Wear a suite! Let me know how it goes for you!

Hey! Its gonna sound weird, but try to relax! I was soo nervous, but the whole process isnt as scary as it sounds! I think they are looking for personable and friendly people! Its a group intervuew, so you only get like 3 questions and some people sounded like they were reciting stuff from memory. Make sure you sound honest and not like a robot lol. Ask a lot of questions, even if they are generic! Everyone s real nice! Wear a suite! Let me know how it goes for you!
Temple is a great program with excellent faculty. Good luck!