Sudden non-painful sensitivity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbowers

Reaction score
Hi! I'm hopeful to get some feedback before I make an appointment with my dentist about some sudden sensitivity in my lower 4 teeth.

Saturday afternoon(June 1st) I had fruit punch slushie from McDonalds, and a few hours later I noticed a cold/sensitive sensation in my bottom 4 front teeth. Its almost a ticklish sensation. It's not painful and it feels no different when I eat or drink something hot or cold. When I wake up in the morning, the sensation is completely gone. Using mouthwash and brushing doesnt bring it back. It only seems to come back a few hours into the morning after I've drank cold water. During the day it seems to go away when I'm busy working and not thinking about it, but comes back again a little while after drinking my water

The only things that have changed recently that I can think of are : I got Tetanus and Hepatitis A vaccines on May 30th. I had also been using Chlorhexidine consistently for about a week prior to this. My dentist prescribed it to me due to my front upper gums bleeding around my veneers/crowns, but I hadnt only been using it once or twice a week for the last few months until a little over a week ago.

My teeth and gums look no different to my untrained eye. I notice no swelling or inflammation either.

It has seemed to get slightly better over the last few days, but how long should I wait for it to go away before making an appointment with my dentist?

Thank you for any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.