Suggested Course Load?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful_dr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time, no posts...been so busy. Well, I plan on taking the MCATs once more in April for my second time, and I had a question about something. I'm not sure what kind of course load I should have for my Spring 2006 semester. Right now, I'm signed up for Human Genetics (all take home exams, 1 paper at end), Ecology (requirement, 15-pg paper due at end, no exams), Parasitology, 2 Sociology classes for my minor, and Physiology lab. Is this too much, or doable while studying for the MCATs at the same time? Your advice is greatly appreciated, especially those with a similar course load who took the MCATs in April before and did OK on them. OK, that's it.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would drop a couple of the classes if possible. Definitely keep genetics, but I'd strongly consider dropping either ecology or the parasitology class, or both. You're taking the MCAT for the 2nd time, so you REALLY want to dedicate enough study time to the MCAT so that you can do alright. I'm just a premed who hasn't taken the MCAT though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

^ I agree
I'm taking it again in April so I decided to take only two classes. Physiology and History(<needed for my major).

I will be taking 2 classes but this is due to the fact that finals fall at the same time as the MCAt up here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anastasis said:
Whoa - just two classes? Are you on the quarter system?

I am doing a second undergrad degree so I do not need to necessarily finish it to start med school.