suggested study method

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slimfast

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you guys go through a big review book (such as Kaplan blue book), do you study each section individually until you finish or do you spread out your studying and do a little bit of each section every day?

Not sure if it really makes a difference but just curious to see what ppl think

Members don't see this ad.

When you guys go through a big review book (such as Kaplan blue book), do you study each section individually until you finish or do you spread out your studying and do a little bit of each section every day?

Not sure if it really makes a difference but just curious to see what ppl think

I read some chemistry until I get tired of it, then switch to biology or orgo. I have 3 book markers that don't move at an equal rate through the pages.

That is hilarious. That is what I did. I didn't stay on one subject too long. I had three or four book marks in my kaplan book, and sometimes more in schaum's because it is so dense. It helped me to stay on my toes when switching. Plus staying on one subject too long gets old and boring and you start drifting away. That way, you don't actually learn anything. Switching up can possibly keep your studying somewhat interesting (or at least not so boring where you are constantly falling asleep, because there are some subjects that are just that boring *cough* ecology *cough*) and you might be able to learn a lot more that way.

I do a section a day (Bio, Chem, Orgo). At the end of each day, I do either QR or PAT. Don't really practice RC because I'm already reading 5 hours a day for the academic sections anyway.