Suggestions for content review for TBR Bio?

Started by aimfor36
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aimfor36

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've just started the SN2ed schedule and I don't have EK Bio so I am using TBR Bio for content review and getting through a 52 page chapter in one day is really...difficult, especially considering how detail-intensive the chapter is.

Because TBR is so detailed, how would you recommend reading and taking notes through TBR Bio in an efficient way?

I feel so overwhelmed by it! Maybe it's because I've yet to take biochemistry and some of this stuff I'm seeing, well, I've never learned it before nor seen it in intro bio.
 
I had a tough time with a lot of TBR materials mostly because I didnt know where to focus and tried to absorb it all in at equal detail. I would read something like TPR and supplement with TBR where you feel weak. even if you read EK first to get the general overview THEN TBR that would be faster than just TBR from scratch. Keep in mind TBR's strengths are the problem sets.
 
I don't recommend TBR for content review. The information is shallow and poorly written.

TPRH covers physiology more broadly, and it's organized much more cleanly. For genetics, I'm relying on my lecture slides rather than TBR.
 
I'm finding TBR really hard to keep up with too.... Not sure of any really great alternatives but I'm using EK Bio and supplementing with Khan Academy....hopefully it serves me well!