Suggestions for MI post-undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdunk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt get into dental for this fall.. :( ...partly my low gpa (3.05) and low dat score (17)...a quiet a bit of inexperience in the whole application process and whatnot, but am retaking the test in about 1.5 weeks and should do much better.

I was wondering what program I should try to get into for fall to help my gpa with a masters program of some sort. Does anyone know of anything good in Michigan? Wayne State has a MA program for bio which doesnt require a GRE, but the grad advisor there said altough my senior bio classes are all As, I got a C in Genetics and Cell and that they only look at those classes for acceptance and I should retake them before trying to get in. Does this sound valid? or should I look into a different program. The medical school there also has a Basic Medical Sciences masters as well.

Does anyone know how good I need to do on the DAT to not worry about a masters program? I have been studying for about 4 months and should do much much better.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Try the basic medical science masters at Wayne State. This program is basically set up for people like you who need to improve their GPA to get into medical school or dental school.

you said you degree was in biology?

i recommend that you just take courses on your own and not get tied down to a program of masters. --- the admin dean at vcu recommends to people to take Histology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Microbiology all higher level and not in a program.

do take the DATs though and bringing them up to at least 19s perferablly in the 20s

alright...thanks for the reply, yes my degree was bio minor chem graduated in december....alright i will look into both....upper level undergrad classes and the BMS program as well....i think with the BMS program you dont have to take any specific classes at a time. ( you can take them at your own pace) as far as I know......all i have been basically doing is studying for this DAT. so if i dont get 19+ in all sections, i will jump off a cliff. jk.

thanks again for the replys! :)