Suggestions for this club I'm making

Started by btpayne13
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

btpayne13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to start a Red Cross Club at my high school. I got permission from my local Red Cross coordinator to form one, and now I just need to find a host teacher and get permission from the principal, as well as get four or five students to start the club. I'll be brainstorming with my friends what we should do in the club, but I'd like some suggestions on what would be good to do in a club like this. We plan to focus on health-related activities and issues, including hospital volunteerism, but we need a lot more ideas.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with skierbum, in that you should consider creating a more broad organization, such as a Health Club. Blood drives are always popular and in demand, disaster relief drives are usually easy to help with as well. Also, if you live in a larger city or area you should look into organizations such as The Ronald McDonald House and similar organizations. Programs like the Ronald McDonald house usually have volunteer work you can do, rather than begging people to donate money. It wouldn't hurt to contact your local hospital(s) and talk to a volunteer coordinator. They can probably find things you can help with, or point you to organizations that can.
Good luck with your club!