suggestions needed... should i retake the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icepinkish

O! teeeeeth~
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
first time user... hello ya'll :)

so i just took my DAT and here are my scores:

PA: 21
TS: 21
AA:22

buuuut...
BIO:19 :confused:

should i retake? I know i can probably get in somewhere but I am asking because I really want to get in the UC's. My GPA is around 3.6. Thanx in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

your dat scores are not bad at all...the only thing is ur gpa sucks so u need an outstanding dat score to make up for that gpa...i say retake since u have time~~~ better than feeling :mad: next year
hope this helps... :)

Okay. If you look at joooj86's sig, you'll see joooj86 has a 4.0 so anything less pretty much sucks. :p A 3.6 GPA is actually a pretty good GPA and is above average in most dental schools depending on where you apply. Also your DAT's are good too and there really is no need to retake them. Call those two school's and see where you stand in the applicant pool but I think you should be fine. :)

well...this person has a 19!! u know maybe dentistry is not for you afterall..i would say look into research work 3 or 4 years in a lab or something maybe u will become a better person and then later on in your life try again maybe that 19 will become a 20....
what im trying to say is GET A LIFE -sdn doesnt need trashy posters :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
joooj86 said:
well...this person has a 19!! u know maybe dentistry is not for you afterall..i would say look into research work 3 or 4 years in a lab or something maybe u will become a better person and then later on in your life try again maybe that 19 will become a 20....

how do you know that his question wasn't legitimate? :rolleyes:

joooj86 said:

I am a bit confused-- in your first post you said my DAT scores aren't bad and it's just my GPA, but in your second post you said scoring a 19 makes me pretty much disqualified for dentistry... :confused: what exactly do you mean?

and I would also like to know what I have done that makes me to be called a trashy poster here :rolleyes:

thanks tinman831 for your advice! I am hoping to hear a bit more opinions if possible, since one says retake and one says don't. However I will call schools as tinman suggested. thanks again!