Suggestions on how to prepare for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm trying to prepare for interviews and wonder what you suggest. so far i have kaplan med school interview book, and have been reading snd.net interview feedback. Any other books that are a must read or general tips.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Prepare? Hmmm . . . I think you are doing all the right things. As for me, I'm going to read their websites, the interview feedback, and then think of some answers to the most frequently asked interveiw questions (i.e. what would you say your biggest weakness is? or why should we admit you to our school instead of somebody else?). I don't want to sound canned, so I really want to come up with sincere responses--so I need to do some soul searching.

Actually, a "frequently asked interview questions" thread might be valuable on this site.

To prepare myself, I've gone over scenarios in my head repeatedly. Sounds cheezy, but it seems to help me develop some good answers to various questions. First, I started out with thinking of questions that I would love for them to ask me, and then worked my way up to questions I would want to crawl under the table and hide if they asked me. I think by now I've got an answer for almost anything. I hope.

Now all I've gotta do is actually get an interview, heh heh...

Members don't see this ad :)
I found that interview rehersals are pretty good interview preparation technique. Just interview yourself in front of a mirror and it will help ease you into the real interviews.