Step III Suggestions Re. USMLE STEP 3 Prep & Live courses

Started by hikermd99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hikermd99

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am starting to accelerate my STEP 3 preparation (targeting a June exam) and I am trying to decide on the following:

1. Kaplan Live Prep 12 day session in NYC in late April.
2. Archer Pay Per View lectures
3. Conrad Fischer MedQuest Pay Per View lectures

I would love to hear any opinions you guys have on any of the above or if UWorld prep (CCS, QBank) are sufficient by themselves.

I would appreciate any helpful responses. Thank you so much! Good luck studying to everyone!
 
Uworld is good for Qbank, ccs software. Q-bank is a qbank and certainly, does not replace the benefits of full course. I need to understand concepts before I did Q bank so, I needed a lecture course.
Out of the courses you mentioned, I would pick Archer. I did learn quite a lot of fundamentals from Archer theory lectures and felt they were concise focusing on most needed portions of step 3. Archer also has a neat CCS strategy course and shows meticulous demonstrations of ccs cases on the NBME ( real exam software) software.
Good luck with your prep.