Suggestions to keep my mind sharp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopeIsStrength

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all!

So I have been enjoying a gap year while applying to schools this semester and although this mental break has been a blast I am a bit worried about losing a bit of my mental edge. I haven't taken a hard science course since Junior year of undergrad, and even then it wasn't a particularly rough one. I feel as though it would be nice to study for...something in the sciences prior potentially going to medical school. I think going over material I would go over in med school is a bit...much because well I won't prestudy effectively anyways and it sounds overly neurotic. Any suggestions on what to go over and study to keep my mind from decaying like a peach in the august sun?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all!

So I have been enjoying a gap year while applying to schools this semester and although this mental break has been a blast I am a bit worried about losing a bit of my mental edge. I haven't taken a hard science course since Junior year of undergrad, and even then it wasn't a particularly rough one. I feel as though it would be nice to study for...something in the sciences prior potentially going to medical school. I think going over material I would go over in med school is a bit...much because well I won't prestudy effectively anyways and it sounds overly neurotic. Any suggestions on what to go over and study to keep my mind from decaying like a peach in the august sun?
Study Spanish, watch a lot of scishow on YouTube, take an online course in drawing and apply that towards making your own anatomy diagrams.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Learn anki now. Enjoy time off, dont prestudy. Just dont. Read scientific/medical literature if you have interest in a certain specialty. Enjoy family, friends now; time is limited and precious. Your mind will be fine when school comes around.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you folks so so much! I appreciate the wise words

Learn anki now. Enjoy time off, dont prestudy. Just dont. Read scientific/medical literature if you have interest in a certain specialty. Enjoy family, friends now; time is limited and precious. Your mind will be fine when school comes around.
What do you mean by "learn anki" like learn how to use it? I thought it was a type of flashcard system.

What do you mean by "learn anki" like learn how to use it? I thought it was a type of flashcard system.

I've been looking into it for the past few days and it there's a few cool features. I suggest you look at this dude AnKing's youtube vids.

Reactions: 1 users