Suicide risk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berryfremont

Georgia
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since we have been accepted does this mean our chances of commiting suicide have risen? Check these out article1
article2

Members don't see this ad.

I was joking with someone at work about dentists and the suicide myth and the lady said that her husband was a dentist and they knew a dentist that committed suicide. It is still definately a load of BS.

Members don't see this ad :)
berryfremont said:
Since we have been accepted does this mean our chances of commiting suicide have risen? Check these out article1
article2

sounds to me like this post is poooooooooooooooooooooop.

Absolutely! Be very careful when you become a dentist. It changes who you are, your genetic and chemical make-up, and you are presumed a threat to yourself until proven otherwise. :laugh: Come on people use your heads a little bit. :eek:

did anybody read the articles??? goodness people.. I was being sarcastic....those articles say that it is definately a myth

I think that cops and firefighters have the highest risk so I am actually safer as a dentist

actually, dentists tend to have the same mental profiling of serial killers.

true story- a local oral surgeon/forensic dentist told me that, also he used to patrol in cop cars on friday nights just for the fun of it- after treating patients all day.

Sk8aBull said:
actually, dentists tend to have the same mental profiling of serial killers.

true story- a local oral surgeon/forensic dentist told me that, also he used to patrol in cop cars on friday nights just for the fun of it- after treating patients all day.

where is the research to back this fact up?

doing removable makes me want to jump out a window.

females attempt suicide more than males..it's just that males are more successful at it..fact