Sullivan University, Class of 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmacyrx90

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone applying to Sullivan University for Fall 2014 start? Mainly applying to this school because of the 3 year program. Most of the schools that I am applying to are 4 year programs. Hopefully there are more people that are applying to Sullivan University for Class of 2017.
 
Anyone applying to Sullivan University for Fall 2014 start? Mainly applying to this school because of the 3 year program. Most of the schools that I am applying to are 4 year programs. Hopefully there are more people that are applying to Sullivan University for Class of 2017.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything from Sullivan at all? Confirmation of materials, interview invites, anything? I've called like 5 times and never could get a straight answer out of anyone. I really just want to get an interview so I can reject it at this point.
 
I am thinking about applying to Sullivan what are your guys stats?

Mine....
72 PCAT composite, retaking in October
3.4 Gpa (considering retaken classes and disregarding radiology courses)
tons of pharmacy experience (LOR's coming from a research pharmacist at UK, a radiology program director and pharmacist thats my boss i've known for 4 years)
research experience with pharmacy faculty member at UK
lots of volunteer experience and shadowing
certified tech
etc..

Just trying to see my chances....
 
I applied to UK early decision but did not get an interview so I'm planning on applying to Sullivan as soon as my application is released for regular decision. Here's my stats..

89 pcat
3.3 GPA
some shadowing and volunteer experience both in a pharmacy but it's not extensive
3 LOR's from all science professors, but I don't know how strong they are 😕

How about you all?
 
Are they going to mail a letter, email, call, send a carrier pigeon, etc.? I interviewed Nov. 1st but didn't hear them say what the method of contact would be or when it would be.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on Nov. 1st also. They didn't say the method but they said we'll find out before Thanksgiving, or possibly sooner. Last year, they emailed all of the people who got rejected, and mailed the acceptance letter along with matriculation fee info to the people who got accepted . I guess it might be the same this year. I've been anxiously checking my mail everyday!
 
I interviewed on Nov. 1st also. They didn't say the method but they said we'll find out before Thanksgiving, or possibly sooner. Last year, they emailed all of the people who got rejected, and mailed the acceptance letter along with matriculation fee info to the people who got accepted . I guess it might be the same this year. I've been anxiously checking my mail everyday!

Haha yeah I've been checking every day too! Maybe we will get something this week. Did you think the mini interviews were pretty intense?
 
Haha yeah I've been checking every day too! Maybe we will get something this week. Did you think the mini interviews were pretty intense?
Yes I thought so. I was surprised they didn't give us any break during those 7 interview sessions. I was starving and tired by the end of the day lol
 
Not yet. Looks like they only interviewed 20 ppl for each interview date. There are 5 interviews in total. They are going to accept 100 ppl according to pharmcas. Do u all think they are going to accept everyone they interviewed?
 
Not yet. Looks like they only interviewed 20 ppl for each interview date. There are 5 interviews in total. They are going to accept 100 ppl according to pharmcas. Do u all think they are going to accept everyone they interviewed?

Idk I thought about that also. Seems like they would have already gotten back to us already if that was the case though.
 
Not yet. Looks like they only interviewed 20 ppl for each interview date. There are 5 interviews in total. They are going to accept 100 ppl according to pharmcas. Do u all think they are going to accept everyone they interviewed?

20 x 5 = 100.. Seems to me like everyone would get in
 
If they were going to accept everyone though, why bother spending the time and money to conduct the interview process, unless just to evaluate the efficacy of the new interview method?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It may be worth mentioning however, that they were at one point planning on interviewing more people. The original email I received(10-r3-13) stated that there would be 14 individuals in each group of 3 on interview day. So 42 in each interview session at 5 interviews is 210 candidates. The plan was probably to interview around 200 and choose 100, but the numbers dropped dramatically by the time the interview dates came around. I can't remember exactly how they explained the reduction in interviewees, but I think it had something to do with PCAT results either being too low, or yet to be received. On interview day, they told us the criteria to receive an interview was taking your GPA, multiplying it by 25 and then adding your PCAT score. If the result was over 150 then an invite was dispatched, otherwise a "Sorry Sally" letter. So, I'm not sure if not as many people as they expected made the grades, or a great deal of the applicants just hadn't received their scores yet. Maybe more will be in attendance at the Spring '14 interviews? I'm curious to see how it all pans out, and sick of waiting. Interested in everyone's thoughts on this...
 
Last edited:
It may be worth mentioning however, that they were at one point planning on interviewing more people. The original email I received(10-r3-13) stated that there would be 14 individuals in each group of 3 on interview day. So 42 in each interview session at 5 interviews is 210 candidates. The plan was probably to interview around 200 and choose 100, but the numbers dropped dramatically by the time the interview dates came around. I can't remember exactly how they explained the reduction in interviewees, but I think it had something to do with PCAT results either being too low, or yet to be received. On interview day, they told us the criteria to receive an interview was taking your GPA, multiplying it by 5 and then adding your PCAT score. If the result was over 150 then an invite was dispatched, otherwise a "Sorry Sally" letter. So, I'm not sure if not as many people as they expected made the grades, or a great deal of the applicants just hadn't received their scores yet. Maybe more will be in attendance at the Spring '14 interviews? I'm curious to see how it all pans out, and sick of waiting. Interested in everyone's thoughts on this...
I remember my on my invitation letter for nov 8th, it said there were going to be 14*3=42 ppl there too. But somehow there were only 20 showed up for the interview. I'm also guessing they don't receive as many applications this year fill those spots?But anyways, I hope everybody gets in and please let it be a good thanksgiving.
 
If they were going to accept everyone though, why bother spending the time and money to conduct the interview process, unless just to evaluate the efficacy of the new interview method?
The admission interviews are required by ACPE for accreditation.
 
Got my acceptance letter in the mail today =) Good luck to everyone! I'm sure you guys will hear good news soon.
 
Got my acceptance letter in the mail today =) Good luck to everyone! I'm sure you guys will hear good news soon.
Congrats! Are you from Louisville by any chance? Seems like a few people that live in Louisville have already received a letter. Btw did it say how long you have to make the decision about attending there or not?
 
Congrats! Are you from Louisville by any chance? Seems like a few people that live in Louisville have already received a letter. Btw did it say how long you have to make the decision about attending there or not?

Yes, I live in Louisville. They give you 7 business days to reply with a $500 deposit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that are already accepted, have you guys heard anything back from the school yet?
 
I emailed the school about a month ago, just to see what the next step was. They said we should be receiving a packet in March/April, to just hang tight until then.