1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

summer activities

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ut_stephen, May 4, 2004.

1. ut_stephen

ut_stephen Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I was wondering if anyone had advice on what to do during this summer as a premed. I will be working in a research lab this summer, but also wanted to get some clinical experience. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where or how I could go about doing that?

I have volunteered in hospitals, but that never is really fulfilling because they are pretty uptight about what we are allowed to do.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. linuxizer

linuxizer MS0
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    MD/PhD Student
    Assuming the lab is in a hospital/research university, just ask your PI from the lab to recommend you to someone whom you could shadow. Another avenue is to ask your PI to find some clinical/statistics work for you to do, and slip over to the clinical side that way. It helps if your PI is an MD, obviously, but most at least know a few med faculty who they could ask.
    --Ari

4. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Unless you have some type of certification it will be very difficult for you to get a job that isnt patient transport related. Possibly a OR tech/assistant, but usually need some type of certification or experience.