Summer biochem class in TX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Painless

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can take a summer biochem I class in texas, preferably Dallas, or Houston?

Members don't see this ad.

Painless said:
Does anyone know where I can take a summer biochem I class in texas, preferably Dallas, or Houston?
As far as schools, I know for sure that University of Houston main campus does not offer biochem in the summer

Schools that you could look into would be
Rice
Houston Baptist University
University of Houston Downtown??
Saint Thomas University

thanks. anybody know about san antonio?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm...

Try UTSA, Trinity, St. Mary's to name a few. Do you need this for UTHouston by fall?

HD, what is with UH not offering anything relevant to Biology in the summer?

im not sure where im going, but i think it'd be a good idea to take a class in it. ive been accepted at houston and sa; not sure where to go yet. does anyone else not have biochem? and do you think it would be ridiculously hard if you havent had it?

BeachLuvr said:
Hmmm...

Try UTSA, Trinity, St. Mary's to name a few. Do you need this for UTHouston by fall?

HD, what is with UH not offering anything relevant to Biology in the summer?

Most professors don't want to teach in the summer, with fall and spring schedule classes taking up most of their time, they don't have a lot of research time, so as a result they don't teach in the summer, in order to get some research/writing done. It makes it really tough for bio majors at UH to graduate early.

hockeydentist said:
Most professors don't want to teach in the summer, with fall and spring schedule classes taking up most of their time, they don't have a lot of research time, so as a result they don't teach in the summer, in order to get some research/writing done. It makes it really tough for bio majors at UH to graduate early.

also to add, most professors who are hired are on some type of tenured track, where they have X amount of time to get tenured, in order to get tenured you have to teach X amount of time, bring in X amount of students for graduate work, Get x amounts of Grants for research, attend X amount of conferences, Mentor undergrad students, blah, blah, blah.

HD

Biochem. is a prerequisite for Houston. I would think if you're going in Fall 05 you'd need it asap. It's not a bad class. I kinda enjoyed it.

you might want to try ut-dallas for summer biochm

I'm taking this one. You can register anytime and have 6 months to finish.

the summer schedule at utd is not out yet, but if i remember right they have offered it there in the past summers. you can go to there website and look up archived summer schedules, say from 2004. I'm pretty sure they did offer it last year. good luck!

i suggest you do this one :

http://distance.une.edu/

it's through the University of New England and it's online. tons of people take this class (mainly aspiring PA's and Nurses). fits any schedule.

According to the professor that taught biochem at UT Arlington last summer, it should be offered again this summer. He said that he was pretty sure that it would be offered again this summer (since it has been offered every summer for the past 10-15 years), but he couldn't guarantee 100% that it would be offered. I believe they should have their summer course schedule sometime in March.

appreciate all the help!

UT- Arlington offers biochem 1 and 2 in the summer. Arlington is a small city about 25 mins from Dallas.
:thumbup: