summer chem class at hunter or ccny

Started by Cbiscuit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cbiscuit

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any info on chem I and chem II classes at either Hunter or CCNY for this summer?
 
i'd also like to know how the orgo lab sequences are structured at hunter

any help appreciated
 
Cbiscuit said:
Does anyone have any info on chem I and chem II classes at either Hunter or CCNY for this summer?

CHEM I and CHEM II at CCNY over the summer are really not worth taking. From personal experience, CCNY has some decent chemistry professors, but they do not teach over the summer, only during Spring and fall semesters. The professor I had for CHEM II last summer was a pretty bright guy, however, he cannot teach and he really can care less about his students. While engineering remains strong, the sciences at CCNY, especially the pre health courses, are declining in quality and the program is loosing credibility. Quite a few professors, for whatever reason have walked, leaving the wrong people teaching the courses that have vacancies. You have professors teaching general chemistry that haven't taught at that level in over 25 years!!! Its disgraceful. I went to CCNY to gain a great education and I received the farthest thing from it. I had to transfer, I was shocked at what went on at that school.