Summer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefuldogtor21

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Ugh. I am stressing. Does ANYone on here have any advice or experience with summer classes prior to vet school? I have organic 1 in progress for spring 21 but still needing biochem and organic 2 for some schools. I have no issues with sciences but due to me getting Covid in September and the flu in November, I ended up taking a W for organic 1 this past semester (fall 2020) and am now behind by that much for prerequisites. I know most schools want updated transcripts by early summer but has anyone been allowed to turn in any in-progress summer classes? I feel like I have screwed myself entirely for this cycle and am panicking.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! Ugh. I am stressing. Does ANYone on here have any advice or experience with summer classes prior to vet school? I have organic 1 in progress for spring 21 but still needing biochem and organic 2 for some schools. I have no issues with sciences but due to me getting Covid in September and the flu in November, I ended up taking a W for organic 1 this past semester (fall 2020) and am now behind by that much for prerequisites. I know most schools want updated transcripts by early summer but has anyone been allowed to turn in any in-progress summer classes? I feel like I have screwed myself entirely for this cycle and am panicking.
It depends on the school. Some schools if you are accepted need prerequisites done by the Spring before you start vet school; while other schools just need them done before you start. Look at the schools you applied to and if it isn't clear on their website you can always call/email admissions to get their policy.

Just from conversations with them, Colorado, Ohio, and Tufts told me they would accept courses taken in the summer if I were to receive an offer of admission. In the past Tufts wanted transcripts as I progressed but given the big jump in applicants this year I anticipate emailing them to see if that is what they still want. But definitely reach out to admissions individually.

I'm so sorry that happened though 😕 hope you're on the mend

I would reach out to the schools you’re accepted to. I feel like your circumstances are a bit extenuating and maybe they’d make an exception if they’re a school that requires spring completion.